I have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by TheLittleBookOwl which is so sweet of her, so thank you Pippa! I’ve copied and pasted what she had on her page so I assume this is the details of the award.
The Mystery Blogger Award…
- is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get.
- is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
- was created by Okoto Enigma.
List of instructions for nominees – it seems a bit weird to be making demands on people I don’t really know, so just do what you feel like doing
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
Three things about me:
1) I have read books since I can remember, before I could read myself my mum and I read a book together every night.
2) I have a degree in Film Production that I am worried I am wasting.
3) I am a confident person and enjoy socialising, but I would prefer alone time.
1) What is a bookish pet peeve you have?
I work in a bookshop and I see a lot of parents trying to control what their children read. I think reading is a release, a path to freedom, no one should say what you can and can’t read. If a child wants to read a crazy fantasy then that is great! Does that count as a pet peeve?
2) What are you goals/hopes for 2017?
I really hope I can settle into a career for myself this year, I have had a lot of jobs and I want to be able to settle on one in an area that I love. I would also like to edit my book and send it off to publishers. I’d like to fall into the world of many new books and talk about them more online. I would like to continue to grow my online presence and hopefully grow my skills as well. But most important my goal and hope is that 2017 will bring me true happiness.
3) Name a book you would recommend to everyone
I would recommend The Family Tree by Sheri S Tepper, it is an unusual read and one that most people would probably want to give up on for the first few hundred pages, but it is so, so good! Basically I need more people to be able to talk about it to.
4) Name a hobby you enjoy other than reading
I love taking photos, be it of books, landscapes or people. I love it so much that I tried and failed to do it as a paid job, perhaps it is best off as a hobby though.
5) What is your favourite time of the year?
I used to think Summer was my favourite time, but actually I think it is the Winter months. You can wrap up and be cosy, everyone is feeling festive and it is a time for new beginnings.
I have to share a link to my best post, so I have chosen The Death of the Bookshop? This is the first blog post I wrote and remains my favourite.
Below are the people I have nominated for this award:
- TheLittleBookOwl (not sure if I could nominate you back, but ah well you deserve it!)
I know this is only three, but these are the three blogs I really follow closely.
Here are the five questions I want you guys to answer:
1) If you could live in the world of any book, which would it be?
2) What book character do you think presents the best inspiration to you?
3) What book quote personally resonates most with you?
4) Snog, marry or avoid: James Potter, Serious Black and Remus Lupin?
5) If you could only read one book series for the rest of your life, which would it be?
Thanks again for the nomination Pippa! Hopefully you guys enjoy filling this out 🙂